Monday, June 2, 2014

Osprey Landing aka Great Day for Fishing

8"x10" oil on linen mounted on archival panel
For more information, or to purchase, click here.

They're back! Those sunny, brilliant days of late Spring in New England where it's a delight to be outside! The air is clear down by the shore.  The wilderness has whispered my name, and I answered the call.  The tide was definitely IN when I showed up to paint the other morning. It's actually nice to hear that gurgling water sound, that washes up into the marsh grasses. 

So many birds are migrating through at this time of year. I don't know them all, but I did spot an osprey overhead. A birder that was walking through that morning confirmed my observation! As luck would have it, he landed on the big oak I was focused on, the big one with the sun illuminating the trunk and branches. He didn't stay for more than a moment. After all, it was a great day for fishing. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home