Sunday, August 17, 2014

Peegees and Coneflowers - SOLD! Big Hydrangea Blossoms!

16"x8" oil on linen mounted on archival panel
For more information,  click here. 


"I'm melting! I'm melting! The summer's so hot!
Please spray me with water, I like it a lot!" 
-author unknown

"Summer is not so much a season as a melody, that tune of contentment we hum as the days begin to beautifully blur." - Sarah Ban Breathnach
One of life's greatest pleasures, growing a garden - 
and painting it, too!

***This summer has been great for bounteous blooms in our neck of the woods.  I'm hoping you've enjoyed your summer immensely! 

Sometimes it seems to pass by so quickly. Get your self outside with a glass of lemonade or tea...a good book to read....and a bit of shade.  Enjoy every little bit of time that you can. 

In my opinion, summer in New England is quite a luxury...it's always in short supply (compared to the rest of the year).  Maybe that's why I appreciate it so much! 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Love everything about this. What fabulous colors. I can see why you love living where blooms get this abundant. Your fall colors are amazing also.

August 25, 2014 at 7:09 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Julie! Hey, I know you had asked previously if I used LeFranc Titanium White. Actually, I'm using up the last bit of a large tube that I had bought to try out, most likely through a catalog source. So, it's probably either from Jerry's, or Utrecht, or Dick Blick. I really liked this one, as there was never any 'grit', and it was always a perfect consistency for my preference. I'm getting ready to place an order to renew some supplies, so I know it will be on the list. Hopefully I can find the place I ordered it from, as now I'm totally hooked on it!!

August 26, 2014 at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home