Sunday, March 8, 2015

Provencal Pears and Orchids

24"x18"x1" deep, oil on gallery wrapped canvas
For more information, or to purchase, click here. 

Life is short,
Break the RULES -
FORGIVE quickly, 
KISS slowly, LOVE truly,
LAUGH uncontrollably, 
and NEVER REGRET anything that made you smile.
 
I'm so in love with this orchid plant...I painted this one the night before I flew down to my mom's in Florida last week.  I went to stay with her during surgery, and give her "moral support" for a few days.

Who knew that this one single white orchid could bring me so much delight during a cold snowy winter in Connecticut? And pulling out the table cloth from Provence brings out the warmth of "far-away" places, allowing me to dream and plan....not only how I want to spend summer, but what I want to bring into my life....for the duration of the journey. 

Color, joy, beauty, great memories, and anticipation of greater things to come.  


Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

What a lovely painting and message. I very much enjoyed seeing the orchid series
Hope your mother is okay.

March 14, 2015 at 11:16 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks so much Julie! Yes, mom is doing well! Glad you enjoyed the orchid series!

March 15, 2015 at 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home