Sunday, January 14, 2007

Florida Wetlands, Lake Monroe, 3"x4.75" - sold

I've come to realize how much we are influenced by our childhood surroundings. Wetlands conservation has become a concern of mine...I look back over years of paintings, and this is a frequent theme of mine. This little mini was done as a color study from a reference my mom sent me, from back home in Florida (where I spent the first half of my life). Shown here are the wetlands along the southern edge of the Lake Monroe Conservation Area. All along the Atlantic shoreline as well as some in inland areas are these vital places. Besides just looking beautiful, they store waters during periods of heavy rain - curbing flooding - and provide a habitat for a variety of wildlife. I've been fortunate enough to visit many of these places from Florida all the way up into Maine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home