Saturday, May 26, 2007

block in of Lilacs and Pears


20"x24" oil on canvas

Today I went on to the next step, blocking in darks, lights, and midtones. The entire canvas is covered and tomorrow I will go back & carve & push, & paint in some details. Oh, these colors are fun. I still have blooms on the bush outside, if the heat doesn't shrivel them up, I may get to do another one (maybe in another colored pitcher). I still agree with all those who paint from life - there's nothing like it for seeing color, just relax the eyes, and really look.....hints of color in shadow, reflections, we are so blessed to have the gift of a beautiful world to live in ......if we take the time to really look at it!

Hope to have this one finished up soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home