Monday, May 28, 2007

Dune Crest - sold


8"x8" oil on gallery wrapped canvas 1 1/2" deep

Today the weather was beautiful and we took a hike out at Bluff Point State Park over in Groton. There is a long strip of land that extends from the beach. Sort of like one big dune. One side faces the sound, the other side faces the cove & a marshy area. It's incredible out there. Amazing views, great birdwatching, just all around happiness for me!

Way back when...I remember reading in Pat Conroy's "Prince of Tides" (I think that was the one) where they are talking about the fact that these tidal marshes go all the way up the east coast from Florida to Maine. Maybe that's why I feel so at home here & feel so connected with these places....and they're a continual theme in my landscapes. These places all remind me of growing up, time spent around these areas.....& even memorable times in my adult life. Perhaps you, too have these places in your memory - meaningful places you'd like to re-visit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl Kling said...

I really like this painting. The grasses have some nice darks within them for contrast. It gives the sand some heat. Definately summer.

May 30, 2007 at 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home