Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Grass is Always Greener at Tiffany's- sold

5"x7" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

Earlier this summer I was on a 'paint-out' at Tiffany Farm in Lyme, CT. That painting sold immediately at our fund-raiser the same weekend. But I came home with more photos, notes and memories to work from....and an invitation to return! I'm not the only one that loves this place. Every one who has simply driven by, or has the good fortune to walk the land of this beautiful place feels it tug at their heart. I've been traveling a lot this summer since this day on the farm & it's good to come back to these scenes. The cows remind me of my grandmother's dairy farm in Maryland, when I was a kid. I loved that place & everything about it. But little moments like this.....why is it that all animals, children .....and many adults always think "what's on the other side HAS to be better"? HA! This little painting is a warm-up for bigger pieces to be painted for a show this fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home