Wednesday, October 31, 2007

October Afternoon -West Cornwall Bridge



8"x10" oil on linen mounted on board (Raymar)

This took a bit of maneuvering downstream to catch this view. The sun was getting lower in the late afternoon sky & I wanted to see if there were any other places along the river that caught my eye. So I did a bit of climbing down the rocks to catch the light on the distant shore beyond the bridge. The shadow work of tree limbs made interesting patterns along the red bridge. This is supposedly the "most photographed" covered bridge in CT. I believe it. There was a crowd of people there for just that purpose! Another perfect autumn afternoon....great road-trip, great views.

This painting is not for sale, just yet. Please contact me if you are interested in it - roxannesteed@gmail.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Nita Leger Casey said...

Nice bridge , you have captured the light, we also have a covered bridge in Pepperell MA. where i live, they are so New England ,I just loved them!
Nita

November 2, 2007 at 6:35 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Nita - I'll have to plan my next road trip up in that direction - I've sort of gotten hooked on these bridges! Thanks for the encouragement (& letting me know about more of these bridges!)

November 6, 2007 at 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home