Saturday, October 13, 2007

Pearly, Silvery Light; Rain on the Hudson - sold



6"x8" oil on Belgian linen mounted on professional artboard (Raymar)

On Wednesday, it rained the whole day. Just a steady drizzle, sometimes slowing to a continual mist, then in the evening a heavier rain. Made for good sleeping. I was staying at the Holy Cross Monastery on the Hudson River with my husband. Since I really didn't want to stand out in the rain to paint, I painted the view from our 3rd floor window in the guesthouse overlooking the Hudson River. The light outside and in was a cool, pearly, gray. We both came on a retreat - a time to mark the separation of our old military life and our new one to come. I also came in somewhat sleep deprived and found the separation from computers, phones, household grind and such weird at first, but essentially liberating. And I caught up on sleep, and became aware of the important routines essential to a calm, balanced life.....yeah, with God holding the heavy end of the balance.... learned a few things about myself as well.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin Weiss said...

Beautiful painting. I love seasons. In nature, in marriage , and in life. Glad you got some down time.

October 18, 2007 at 6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home