Monday, January 14, 2008

The Barracks, Caherciveen, Ireland, County Kerry - sold



11"x14" oil on oil primed linen mounted on panel (Raymar)

When I first saw this place I thought it looked like a 'fairy-tale' castle. Ireland certainly had me mesmerized....I was totally under its spell. I found out the structure was actually an out of commission barracks for the Royal Irish Constabulary. Now it's a heritage/information center & museum. It's setting by the river and the little bridge just makes it all the more romantic a view. I'm going back again for the third time this year - and I can hardly wait!

2 Comments:

Blogger René PleinAir said...

Heee you stole my building!!
héhéhéhé, ...
But you placed it in a lovely place. Well done I hope you gonna visit it soon, I can't hardly wait.

January 15, 2008 at 8:52 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Yes, I've been there the last 2 summers and going back again soon! It's an incredibly beautiful place!

January 15, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home