Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dreamy Violets



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush."
- Doug Larson


Garden centers are full of wonderful things that are tiny- little handmade clay pots, small copper saucers, and of course a pretty African violet! I love painting flowers that are back-lit by the window in my studio. I set up a little chest-of-drawers in front of the window just for this purpose. Things get moved around quite a bit on this little stage, sometimes draping fabric to make (fake) draperies for some larger arrangements! This was just a little warm-up to get me going again after being gone for a week with no paints!

It was a productive day, got one painting mailed out today, a trip to the bank, another painting varnished, and a commission started, too! Perhaps this trip was indeed just the thing I needed! (Especially the 85 degree days!!). Welcome to spring- it is finally (officially) here! And it actually rained today, but I still felt "sunny" and full of hope -it hit 50 degrees here in southeastern CT!

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home