Thursday, March 5, 2009

Madonna of the Greenhouse- sold!



11"x14" oil on Belgian linen mounted on panel (Raymar)

"Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for a might have been."
- Arthur Mitchell Ransome


What a fun day!! This morning (Thursday as I write this) I got to go back to the greenhouse with this same friend who invited several of us for an impromptu picnic lunch there! With deep snow on the ground outside, we walked into an oasis of warmth! What a tropical delight! Walking barefoot on the warm brick pavers, we all pared down to short sleeved T-shirts & pulled on big-brimmed sun-hats! It must have been a heavenly 85 degrees! Just the thought of it brings a smile! And of course- I brought my camera, there may be a great painting opportunity out of these shots! The warm air & bright sunshine invigorated every last one of us! I was excited to finish this painting today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheila Vaughan said...

I love it - it is so unusual. I especially like the softeness of the edges but the sculptural feel to it as well. Great colours too.

March 7, 2009 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Sheila, this was a lot of fun!

March 7, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home