Friday, March 20, 2009

Trip To The Cottage -Ireland Series (commission)




11"x14" oil on Belgian linen mounted on professional artboard (Raymar)

"Springtime is the land awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn."
- Lewis Grizzard


I saw my first bluebird of spring this afternoon! He looked pretty happy (and I was surprised at how happy that made me!). I finished up a commission of "Thatched Roof Cottage" but was thinking of some tunes we've played and "Trip To The Cottage" came to mind. When there are Irish dancers & musicians in the family, you have these tunes running through your head all the time!

This was so much fun to go back & re-visit this cottage with another painting. The actual cottage is on Valentia Island (Ireland). I'm going back this summer, my tickets are bought, and I'm so excited! Last summer they were re-thatching the roof of this cottage. I'm curious to see how well it held up over the winter. It's such a lovely place with wildflowers, roses, and a huge hydrangea bush in the front, as well as a curious pile of peat bricks stacked haphazardly on the very end.

If you have missed out on a favorite painting...and it is already sold, you can commission one in a size just right for that perfect place in your home. Contact me
roxannesteed@gmail.com for details of prices per size.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home