Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chelsea and the Lilacs




"I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Today's painting is "Chelsea and the Lilacs". I'm re-posting it to tell you some great news: this painting is featured in the current show at Chelsea32 Art Gallery in Manhattan. Next week will be a reception and YOU"RE invited! Click on the top image for details. If you're in the NYC area, drop me an email, let me know you're coming, I'd love to see you there! It will be on Thursday May 7th from 6pm to 8pm. I'll be back from graduation celebrations just in time!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Saeta said...

Glad to have found your blog. I am trying to figure out if you paint with a palette knife or a brush. I use a knife and it looks like you might too! Great work!

May 3, 2009 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Leslie! Yes, I've enjoyed using palette knives for the last couple years, but I still enjoy the brushes once in a while... I'll use any tool in the box to say what needs to be said. I enjoy finding other artists who work with palette knives...they are all as different as anyones hand-writing or signature!

May 3, 2009 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger Sally Shisler said...

Congratulations!!! I don't comment nearly enough, but I should. You need to know that your palette knife work is wonderful! I'm amazed at how you are able to handle a rounded edge knife - I just can't do it!

So happy for you...

May 5, 2009 at 4:13 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Sally! I do have 2 favorite knives I go back & forth between, depending on what I need, a pointy one, and a rounded end one. I've got a few others of various sizes, but if I lost my two faves, I'd be heartbroken! (I wonder if that's like 'lucky socks' for runners?).

May 5, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home