Friday, May 29, 2009

Wisteria Arbor By The Potting Shed



9"x12" oil on Belgian linen mounted on archival panel (Raymar)

"Beauty can be found in beginnings as well as in endings, for they are each a part of life's journey."
- author unknown


There are some places that I know will be painted many times. This scene from Kentford Farm is one of them. I'll know I'll return as often as I can to paint here again.

Some gardeners know how to make a blissful haven. I'm hoping to eventually create one in my own yard...to paint from. All my favorite hardscapes and plantings: a stone wall, a picket fence with an arched arbor and gate. Hydrangeas, roses and others will find their home in this space. We've made a big dent in it already. This weekend we'll be putting in several hydrangeas! I've got my work cut out for me!

For more information about this painting, please email me:
roxannesteed@gmail.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your work so very much....

KAREN EILEEN

May 30, 2009 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thank you Karen!

May 31, 2009 at 4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home