Friday, June 12, 2009

Irish Cottage, Front Garden View to the North Atlantic; plein air



6"x8" oil on Belgian linen mounted on gatorboard

"Walls for the wind,
And a roof for the rain,
And drinks beside the fire -
Laughter to cheer you
And those you love near you,
And all that your heart may desire!"
- Irish blessing



Sunday started out warm & sunny - and early in the day, the light is on the front of my friend's cottage on Valentia Island here in Ireland. After I painted one view towards the summer garden, I turned to the left and painted the view over the wall towards Portmagee and out to the North Atlantic. It's incredible here in every season. But just in one summer day you will have every weather situation imaginable. It started out quite warm, then - even though the sun was out and quite warm, the wind picked up and blew in a stiff chill from the ocean. For a painter, it does teach you to make your decisions and go on with it. The front of this cottage in the sunlit morning is one of my favorite places, always something interesting to paint! You'll see it again from this week of paintings!

I'm finding I have quite a few days of paintings to write about. Some days are too busy to photograph the paintings, blog and mess with a computer.....there's hikes to be hiked, lunch or dinner with local friends, peat fire in the fire place to be maintained.....ahh. As I write this it's 8am here and 3am back home! No worry- I'll write about each one & the highlights of that day. Now, to decide the agenda for today......

How to Purchase:
send me an email

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home