Sunday, May 31, 2009

Leif's Studio Garden In Spring, Sunday Afternoon (plein air) - sold



9"x12" oil on Belgian linen mounted on archival panel (Raymar)

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."
- Andre' Gide

I enjoyed the afternoon painting with Leif Nilsson at his studio in Chester, CT. A passing front changed the light, but I'm happy with the effort. He is a fellow artist whose work I've admired for many, many years. He had studied with the painter Henry Hensche. and his use of color is amazing. I'm finding that spending the time with a master of color is time well spent.

1 Comments:

Blogger r garriott said...

The light and color here are indeed exquisite! I especially like the light yellow heat from the back of the picture plane moving toward the cool garden area. So nice.

June 2, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home