Saturday, June 6, 2009

Slea Head Evening, Dingle, Ireland plein air - sold



6"x8" oil on Belgian linen mounted on gatorboard

"Ireland is where strange tales begin and happy endings are possible."
- Charles Haughey


I arrived in Shannon on Wednesday at 6am! My friend Barbara picked me up and we made the drive up to Dingle peninsula. The weather this week has been the warmest, sunniest I've ever seen in Ireland! We HAD to stop at Inch Beach in Dingle on the way to our destination (Slea Head). Of course we stuck our feet in the water - it was delightful even though the water was VERY chilly, the air was soooo warm. But plenty of people were out swimming in the water. By the time we got to Slea Head it was late afternoon, early evening. But it stays light out until at least 10:30pm!
So we painted outside early evening, looking over Slea Head.

I'll continue to post as time allows!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheila Vaughan said...

Beautifully done Roxanne - the heaviness of the cliffs and the land. I can just feel myself walking along there.

June 7, 2009 at 7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home