Monday, November 9, 2009

A Bend in the Road...it is indeed cancer....



"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."
- Martin Buxbaum


Well, today I heard the words I truly didn't expect to hear, "yes it is cancer." I had my regularly scheduled mammogram earlier in October. Just like last year, I was called back for a follow-up....calcifications, but not to worry (last year). This year, they followed the "follow-up" with a needle biopsy, AND an MRI.....and a surgical consult (which I went to today) at which point I was finally told that yes, it is indeed cancer. The good news in all this...is that it's small, and early, so...depending on what they find (or don't) in the lymph nodes... will determine what follows. Yeah, I will blog about it as I'm able. (meaning- as I find out anything I can & have time to post).

Mix in with all this - moving two recent college grads to another state, helping them set up apartments, ready to start new jobs, new lives...and it's been rather hectic. I've had three really exciting commissions this month to keep me focused....believe me, that's been the best thing...to have this wonderful scene to 'escape to'. But I'm guessing people have been wondering "so where's the daily paintings"...hence the explanation....and they may get a little more sporadic as this progresses. We'll see. (But yes, I hate not posting to Daily Painters as of late!).

But I ask of blog-readers, if you believe in the 'power of prayer', please put me on your list! If you're not the "praying sort", well, consider giving it a whirl....you may be surprised to find what it brings to your life as well as mine!

20 Comments:

Blogger Rick Nilson said...

I don't ask for much in my prayers, and this is always a tough subject. I did pray for you. I am glad you are up there in CT. painting.

November 10, 2009 at 1:37 AM  
Blogger Victor Errington said...

Hi Roxanne.
I for one will certainly say some prayers for your full recovery. And
I`m sure every other Blogger will
too. Lovely painting as always.
God bless.
Vic.

November 10, 2009 at 2:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Roxanne I have missed your postings. Keep up the positive attitude and I will indeed say prayers for you.

November 10, 2009 at 4:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Roxanne, I have missed your postings recently. Keep the positive attitude. I will say prayers for you.

November 10, 2009 at 4:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Roxanne, I have missed your postings recently. Keep the positive attitude and I will say prayers for you.

November 10, 2009 at 4:12 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thank you both Rick & Vic. Yes, still painting- it's a good mental escape if you can maintain the focus....Thanks for the prayers & encouragement!

November 10, 2009 at 4:13 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Suzanne!

November 10, 2009 at 4:23 AM  
Blogger Sand Hill Art said...

I can empathize: I had the needle biopsy to examine calcifications and was given the all clear. The biopsy also removed all the suspicious bits. Keep on painting, from your heart.

November 10, 2009 at 4:42 AM  
Blogger mike rooney studios said...

remember you have lots of blogospherefriends and prayers out here.i'll definately say some for a great diagnosis
nice one today!

November 10, 2009 at 6:49 AM  
Blogger Christopher Greco said...

I pray most every evening and you will be in my prayers and thoughts, right after my wife and daughters and well before my Powerball numbers.

November 10, 2009 at 7:26 AM  
Blogger Camille LaRue Olsen said...

Roxanne, I'm new to your blog and work, but wanted to tell you I'll have you in my best thoughts. I'm not "the praying kind" usually but I will indeed send out my strongest wishes for your health! My sister went through this... she's fine now. She caught it early like you did. Best wishes to you, Roxanne!

November 10, 2009 at 6:30 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Sally Ann & Camille; it's gonna be quite the journey! I'm determined to make it through and be well!

November 10, 2009 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger Lori McNamara said...

I will say a prayer for you Roxanne, I hope all goes well.

Its a lovely painting today.

November 10, 2009 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Lori!

November 10, 2009 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Mike! I really appreciate it!

November 10, 2009 at 9:21 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Chris!:-D

November 10, 2009 at 10:04 PM  
Blogger Sheila Vaughan said...

Dear Roxanne, as well as being a terrific painter you are a strong lady and a sensible one and I am confident you will cope admirably with this "blip" in your life. Thinking of you, keep up your spirita and keep picking up the paintbrush!!

November 12, 2009 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks soo very much Sheila!

November 12, 2009 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger Artist said...

i love this painting. i really like the perspective and how the road catches your eye and leads it to the end. it leaves me wanting for more!

November 21, 2009 at 1:06 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks 'Artist', nice blog you've got going there, too!! Thanks for the kind comments!

November 21, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home