Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sweet Peas In Cobalt Blue Vase, North Light Studio Window






8"x8" oil on gessoed masonite archival board

"The further I go, the more I see how hard I must work to render what I am trying for, that instantaneousness. Above all the outer surface, the same light spred everywhere....For me, the subject is insignificant. What I wish to reproduce is what is between the subject and myself."
- Claude Monet


Another nature filled day- sweet peas from the garden, studying light, this time as it comes from behind, through blue glass on a white cloth. There were enough flower cuttings to fill several different containers, I was scrambling trying to find a few more to fill!

Later in the afternoon, looking out my kitchen window, there was a HAWK sitting in my bird-bath! It was the oddest looking thing. After you've seen tons of little gold-finches flitting in & out of this same bird-bath, seeing this thing sitting in it, made me realize how huge she is! She nests near us, she marks her return each year with screeching & shrieking!

Ended the day with some home-made basil pesto with pasta for dinner. Basil right out of the garden, what a nice treat!

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $135 USD plus $12 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home