Monday, November 11, 2013

Tidal Rush

10"x10" oil on cradled birch panel
For more information, or to purchase, click here.    

Some of the painting techniques that are 'evolving' at my easel involve using both brush and knife...as well as some transparent paint in some of the under-paintings. In the commission  I just finished, I was encouraged to go really strong with the color- I mean in a really expressive way. I've been wanting to venture in this direction for a long time. It's incredibly satisfying to stretch in slightly new directions!

I'm going to be teaching these techniques during my workshop in Ireland during the summer of 2014. (Please visit this web-site for some information).  The registration fee will reserve your spot for next summer, I'll be sending out a newsletter this week with more information about this wonderful experience of Creative Renewal in County Kerry!!  

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home