Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Peace and Color in the Marsh

10"x10" oil on cradled birch panel
For more information or to purchase, click here.

When I take on a commission, I frequently do small color studies to determine what the finished painting will be similar to! These small studies are quite fun for me- and provide another opportunity for this image to 'live in the world'.  This place (Barn Island) is a frequent point of refuge for me - a bit of nature that is so welcoming in its familiarity. Yet every time I go out there to paint, it has changed....sometimes a little, sometimes quite a lot! Yet, the familiarity is there. There is comfort in that!  

I did do an additional panel of this image, (and 8"x8" on Gessobord) with stronger colors in the sky and water. This was right on target with what my collectors were looking for! (Click here to purchase this study).


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home