Monday, November 10, 2014

Pink Peonies

6"x6" oil on gessoed archival panel
For more information, or to purchase, click here!  

 In our friends, 
we see our own humanity, 
our frailties, 
as well as our best sides.

A mirror of ourselves, 
reminding us that we are not invincible...
but we are loved.

Recently I've been thinking of a dear friend and neighbor who passed away following a long struggle with ovarian cancer. It had been difficult to paint during that time. I'm slowly getting back to the paints, back to the plein air work out doors, and back to the studio on days when weather doesn't cooperate.  I'm in the middle of one commission, and another waiting in the wings...as well as another show of my Barn Island paintings coming up.  I'm grateful that these things are here for me, and I'm able to share these paintings with you all.  But I do still miss my friend. 
 ***

This one was a bit of experimenting with color. I came back in with a muted/grayed blue green to soften the effect of the background and allow these pink peonies to really 'sing'. Much happier with them now! This large bouquet was in my studio window, back-lit from the window on a bright day. The piece is finished with a light coat of varnish, ready to frame, or to display on a small table-top easel. I can recommend a beautiful silver frame for this piece, just contact me!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home