Sunday, August 31, 2008

Corn! - sold



It's Monday, Labor Day... hope you are enjoying your last bit of summer to the fullest!

"How sweet I roamed from field to field, and tasted all the summer's pride".
-William Blake


Today's painting is called "Corn!", and is reposted from a painting from last summer, now owned by a friend and collector in California (thanks Barbara!). I've been thinking about corn all evening (Sunday as I write this). Just as William Blake loved summers of old- I do too - it is my favorite time of the year! Today we spent the afternoon going to several plant nurseries, the last one also sells fresh produce from a local farm. While we were there, the farmer brought in a huge sack of ears of corn. I knew this was as fresh as I'd ever get it & bought some to take home. Oh heaven!!! that was the best! and fresh raspberries for dessert! The days are starting to get shorter now...I am going to enjoy every last little bit I can squeeze out of summer!

I do take commissions - perhaps for your favorite summer memories! Contact me at roxannesteed@gmail.com for prices per size & to discuss your ideas!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

It is a good time to paint corn. And, get ready for time to paint pumpkins.

September 2, 2008 at 6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home