Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tag, You're It!

Tagging season is in full swing and I've been tagged by fellow Daily Painter artist Kay Crain. She is an awesome painter that I've been following for a long while now. She paints a lot of "people in your life" kind of scenes from the 50's & 60's. Wow - does this bring back some childhood flashbacks!! Very cool! Thanks for honoring me with the distinction of your tag!


This is a fun way to get to know your blogger friends in art! The rules of this great game are:

1. Put a link in your posting to the person who tagged you.

2. List 7 unusual things about yourself.

3. Tag 7 other bloggers at the end of your post and comment on their blogs to let them know.


These are my seven;

1. I LOVE Irish traditional music...and am a fiddler. I even got to play on 'Trad night' at a bar in PortMagee, Ireland! I played a set of jigs & a set of polkas (yeah, the Irish have them, too!)....I'm thinking I played a couple reels, too? I used to play in a session with other Irish musicians at a pub in Virginia Beach when I lived there. They are fabulous & I miss them A LOT!!

2. I began learning fiddle tunes when I lived in San Diego. My husband played in an Irish band there (flute & pennywhistle) - that played at "The Field" downtown in SD every Sunday evening. I asked the fiddler in their band if she'd teach me to play. After years of piano lessons during childhood, this beat the heck outa that! Love that place, too!

3. My daughters (twins, now 21yo) dance competitively in Irish dance at the 'Championship' level. I've heard enough accordian music to last a lifetime- but I still want to get up & dance when I hear it!.

4. I can't dance a single step of Irish dance - but would love to learn something of it!

5. I'm going to watch them(daughters) compete in Orlando next weekend at the Southern Region Oireachtas (sounds like: or-rock'-tas). Yeah, it's big- the top 5 go to 'Worlds'. I CAN HARDLY STAND THE WAIT!!!! WOOHOO!!!

6. I love to travel when I can scrape the $$ together (well that's no secret). The farthest away I've been was Singapore (husband was there on business! - so I took the kids with me, too- very cool experience...and sorta turned them into 'mini-me's' they love travel, too!)

7. My first trip to Ireland, in 2006 was with a group of artist friends from Virginia. One is a fellow Daily Painter (Norma Wilson)-that I've known for a long time now. Our host over there is also another Virginia artist living in Ireland part of the year! What a great retreat she runs! I am so grateful that she introduced me to "Valentia Island"!!

8. okay - an extra one for good measure, you can never have too much on a list!- Norma Wilson & I shared studio space for a while back in Virginia Beach at the Artists Gallery (jeez, 5 years or so ago now?) We both painted primarily with pastels back then!

Now, let's see...I'm tagging the following artists: (I hope they play along, too!)

1. Norma Wilson

2. Vicki Shuck

3. George Coll

4. Robin Cheers

5. Susan Greaves

6. Connie Chadwell

7. Diane Barbee

Now I hope my fellow bloggers forgive me....but I do enjoy your work & would love to read more about you! Happy painting (and yes, blogging!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home