Thursday, August 13, 2009

Like Sunshine On A Cloudy Day



8"x8" oil on gallery wrapped canvas (staples on back, no need to frame)

"Love gave me confidence and adversity gave me purpose."
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver



Today brought some rainy drizzle through parts of the day - it was so nice to get one more painting out of this batch of flowers! I started humming "My Girl"...made me think about sunflowers again...what good - strong - happy - energy they bring into your day. The 'vase' is a big glass pickle or olive jar (?), I saved because I loved the shape of it! I wanted to be able to see the stems through the glass & see the interesting abstract shapes of reflections with water, glass, & curves. Just another one of those 'faves' that I keep in the still-life stash for paintings to come!

For purchase information, email me: roxannesteed@gmail.com

Between rain showers this morning, we did get out to Holmberg Orchards to pick some peaches, raspberries & fresh-cut flowers (zinnias & black-eyed Susans). I'll begin setting up tomorrow's painting this evening, to be ready for the daylight tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home