Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sneak Preview portion - "Sunflowers and Sassafras"



"just a 'lil bit" of this painting I'll post tomorrow - luscious oil paints applied with a palette knife - the finished painting is 20"x20"

"Man must search for what is right, and let happiness come on its own."
- Johann Pestalozzi


Todays partial view of a painting is a sneak peak of what I'm currently working on since I've been home. You're looking at a portion of "Sunflowers and Sassafras". We got home Sunday evening VERY LATE after driving 14 hours- ugh! AND this whole trip was six (yes 6) days of driving in a row! The daughters are home from college for now (until they are ready to move out.....hopefully it won't be THAT far of a drive!).

So Monday on my trip to the grocery store to re-stock the fridge, I got myself some sunflowers to paint in my studio! I didn't have any greenery, so I went into the woods behind our house where there are some sassafras saplings & cut some of these to fill in the vase. Some peaches added some more warm tones to the foreground, and my favorite little cream colored pitcher catches some beautiful reflected color in it's surface. I'm almost finished...I think I'll be able to post it to my blog tomorrow afternoon at some point! I'm so excited to be back home painting again. Long road trips where the trip is solid driving (and there's no time for leisurely la-di-da kind of time) take their toll on me. This one nearly did me in! ....but I think I've survived yet another one! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home