Monday, August 24, 2009

Wet Nappies (Beaches of Ireland series)- Sketch



10" x 8" sharpie marker in sketch book

"Anything, everything, little or big becomes an adventure when the right person shares it."
- Kathleen Norris


On my visit to Ireland this past June, I got to experience two of the warmest 'beaches days' I've ever gotten to spend in Ireland! So many people flocked to the beach to play in the water! This mother & toddler had quite a delightful time ...of course it was fun for me to watch, too...and notice the interesting shadow forms, and reflections into the water & wet sand!

I'll be alternating my painting days with more from my own garden as well as local New England scenes (the weather's still great for plein air painting)....AND landscapes & scenes from this year's trip to Ireland.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter Gander said...

Lovely sketching Roxanne ;) petergander.blogspot.com

August 25, 2009 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Peter- I'm honored! I really admire the work on your blog- it's great fun & really super images!

August 25, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home