Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Mug Shot Taken Every Ten Years......ndp



Ten years, that's how long a passport (and it's photo) is good for before it officially expires. Being that mine expires soon, I had new photos taken today over at AAA. The last one, I was ready to have it changed as soon as I received it. I had the photos taken right after "the worlds worst haircut". I've even had airport officials look at it in the last few years, then stare at me in the face saying, "That doesn't look like you" My only response is, "Yeah, thank God!". What can I say, much has happened in the last ten years. I dare say I AM a different person than I was back then. Now, before anyone asks, no you are not allowed to use shots like the one above! Although, for painters, wouldn't it be nice to have a passport photo of you "doing what you love to do best"!? Just a thought!

Most of my blog followers know I love to visit Ireland. It has been a true delight for me to be able to travel and paint over there. But I also have other places I've been to that I'd love to return to again (someday)....and yes, paint! But until I get back to some of these other places (France, Italy, Singapore among them) I'll share a blog link you might enjoy! It's been almost twenty years since I've been to Paris - and what a breathtaking, beautiful city it was! My daughter introduced me to this blog & I've been a fan ever since:
New Yorker Carol Gillott paints in watercolor, "Paris Breakfasts". Whether you are an artist, a foodie, a travel or fashion junkie - or just love seeing wonderful things, this blog is indeed like taking a great journey with each read. Enjoy the tour!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home