Monday, December 14, 2009

Cliffside Sunbathing In Irish Wool



5"x7" oil on gessoed masonite archival artboard

"Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body."
- Seneca

Here is another pair of sheep that I took the time to watch while taking a walk up to Brae Head on Valentia Island (Ireland) this past summer. Their pasture was right along the cliff's edge, partially looking out to the Atlantic Ocean, and partly over the channel between the island and Portmagee. Each pair, momma and baby, were so calm. Babies resting, mothers keeping watch, ever alert. Painting these woolly characters just reinforces my memory of what a wonderful day I had - and a most enjoyable long walk along the lane.

For purchase information, email me: roxannesteed@gmail.com

6 Comments:

Blogger Gwen Bell said...

Love your series of Sheep! What a terrific style you have.

December 15, 2009 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Gwen! Sheep always make me smile...especially the antics of the lambs. Wish I coulda brought one home with me! :-) Thanks for the kind comments!

December 16, 2009 at 7:45 AM  
Blogger Don Coker said...

Roxanne, this is a lovely piece! Very expressive.

December 21, 2009 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Don! So glad you like it!

December 21, 2009 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Vernita Hoyt said...

Hi Roxanne! I love your sheep paintings ... and they are so great for the Christmas season. I think I'll send my Bergamasco sheep dog painting over here to herd your sheep! LOL ... How coincidental. Thanks for posting on my blog. I've entered your name into the drawing. Stay warm. Happy New Year!

December 29, 2009 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Vernita! There must be something about all those curly/woolly-haired beasts! I just find them all so fun!

December 29, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home