Friday, December 11, 2009

Follow That Star - sold



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite archival artboard

"Be still and aware of God's presence within and all around."
- 'Celtic Prayers from Iona', J. Philip Newell



I have some great news to share today- I met with my oncologist early Friday morning, and I will NOT be needing chemo. What a huge relief. I'm not quite through this journey yet though. I meet with a radiologist on Monday. But today's news is like having a 10-ton gorilla jump off my back. I feel as light as a 'pixie'! :-D

Now for the painting - This is my "Christmas card' painting to share with all of you. As a child, I always wondered how far away the 'star of Bethlehem' could be seen at night. Would I have been able to see it from the other side of the world (my 6 year old self would wonder)? I love being out in the country at night, far from city lights that dim the stars...when the sky is clear, and the stars light up the ground. It is so beautiful. How many children get to experience that any more....with the blinding lights of suburbia hiding all but the very brightest stars? And do they know of the Christmas story?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Roxanne, that is wonderful news. The absolute best. Love your card, it really strikes a chord. Thank you for the kind comments on my bloggy lady!
holiday hugs from Flower Mound!
Nancy

December 13, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home