Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Napping With Baaa-bee Lamb, Valentia Island, Ireland - sold



"O the sunshine of old Ireland,
when it lies
On her woods and on her waters;
And gleams through her soft skies,
Tenderly as the lovelight in her daughters'
Gentle eyes."
- John Todhunter



Oh it felt soo good to be back painting again today. I've been wanting to get back to this little series of lambs.... the mamas & the babies. On my summer visits to Ireland I love watching the lambs playing in the fields. On this particular day, there was a large group taking naps in the sunshine as a brisk breeze blew in off the Atlantic. I had taken a walk down the lane toward Bray Head, and the pastures that line the upper cliff edges overlooking the channel between Portmagee & Valentia Island were dotted with sheep! It seemed I caught them all at nap-time...and it was tempting to find a nice sunny spot in the field and curl up for one, too! They always bring a smile to my face!

Back on the medical front, I'm healing up well, post surgery. Don't know too much of what's to come next as far as treatment, but I meet with an oncologist on Dec. 11th. Until then, I'm working on staying healthy (eating right & exercising) and happy (by getting back to my work! I've missed painting). Things like this sure slow you down by default, but you start to realize what's really important in life, and count your blessings! Thanks for all the prayers, kind words & good wishes. It's been incredible support...and I've learned lots about breast cancer in the process as well. One in eight women will have this in our population. That seems like A LOT to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home