Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"No More Cows...Off To Flannigans" - sold



7"x5" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"God made the world round so we would never be able to see too far down the road."
- Isak Dinesen


As you've noticed if you're following this blog- I've changed the name of this painting from 'Wellies" to it's new title. When a collector commissions a painting- I ask if they would like to name it - they usually have particular connections to the visual that are from a specific point in their lives (or their friends, if it is a gift). And I, as the painter, get to take part in an incredible bit of fun as we collaborate - and I get to hear their stories, their take on a particular scene. I feel pretty lucky in getting to take part in this!

I am painting two of the 'characters' from my recent travels to Ireland. My friend & I spotted this older gent in CastleIsland, Ireland. At her suggestion we stopped at Nelligan's for doughnuts and tea...and did a bit of people watching besides! This painting is already claimed by a collector who commissioned a version of her two favorite Ireland scenes. I have a step-by-step demo on my website to show you how this painting was created.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) is the first day I go in for radiation treatment. They'll be taking measurements for future visits so they'll know they have the right aim on future zappings. I'll be on a rather 'short leash' for about six weeks. It's an every day commitment during that time. It hardly seems fair that I'll be as though I'm sun-burned as heck and not even get out of this snowy place! hmmpf! I feel like I've been 'cramming for college finals' with all the information I've been reading about cancer. Well, that's all I have to say about that- I'm ready to talk painting again!!

It is indeed the happiest thing to be painting again!

1 Comments:

Blogger Artist said...

like the quote at the begining. funny but makes sense!

December 31, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home