Saturday, January 9, 2010

Pre-Warmed Irish Wool



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today, because if you enjoy it today you can do it again tomorrow."
- James A. Michener



Todays painting is "Pre-Warmed Irish Wool". Perhaps this is why those Irish wool sweaters feel so good & work so well to protect you from the weather! A bright spot of summer sun-shine!

I finished this little one Friday, and am also working on a larger one (20"x20") that's been on the easel for a while now. If you've been following this blog for a while, yes the radiation treatments have started this week & are going well. No big troubles yet, other than it's a hassle to get to the hospital every day. Yes, everyday. I didn't think I'd get tired of it so quickly. And Thursday, yes- I did get walloped with a heaping helping of deep fatigue. I really wasn't expecting it, looking for it, thinking about it. So when it hit, it was a double surprise, and disappointment. It was on the one day that the temps had risen above 32 degrees, was sunny with no wind. So I thought I'd get another 'snow-painting' day in. I had all my gear loaded into the car, so I could dash over to Harkness Park and set up for a small painting in the afternoon winter sun. I did get there, walked over to the spot I had in my mind to paint, but was hit with this wave of 'tiredness' ....enough to want to lay day & take a nap. It just wasn't going to happen.

Friday I decided my afternoon painting session would return me to my comfort zone, for the time being. And I will go easy on myself (or try to). My husband came in & saw this little lamb & remarked, "Wow, I wish I were laying in some bright sunshine like that little sheep." Me too, yes, that is where my mind is wandering lately, to memories of sunny places.

For purchase information, please email me: roxannesteed@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home