Monday, August 31, 2009

Wet Nappies (Beaches of Ireland series) - sold



10"x8" oil on gallery wrapped canvas (.75" deep)

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
- Elizabeth Stone


No, it doesn't matter how old they get. I totally see that now. I'm feeling rather sappy as one of my daughters packs up her stuff to move out this week. We've been helping her prepare, finding things she needs for her apartment; researching insurance so she can make the call & arrange for this. All these changes - it's different from sending them off to college....Now that she's graduated, this seems so much more 'permanent'. I've been thinking about this all summer, back when I watched this mom playing at the beach in Ireland...one of the warmest June days I've ever seen over there. It was such a delight to watch these two play. It certainly brought back lots of fun 'little kid' memories. I knew this summer would hold lots of changes for our family....now they're here, hope I keep my head on straight, now that my heart is hanging around on the 'outside of my body'. whew.

2 Comments:

Blogger jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Hi Roxanne, I know what you are feeling. Went through the same thing when my daughter moved to Virginia. Guess what, she got married, has two children and they are all back in NY and happy. You work is lovely.

September 2, 2009 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Joan! We are excited for all the changes in her life & love it that she's in such a great area (we used to live here a long while ago)- so she has some great memories of this place, too. And some old friends in the area that are like family- so we think she'll be happy! Thanks for the kind words & bringing a smile to my face!

September 3, 2009 at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home