Friday, September 11, 2009

Baby Beach Bucket (Beaches of Ireland series)- sold



10"x8" oil on gallery wrapped canvas

"You must have been warned against letting golden hours slip by; but some of them are golden only because we let them slip by."
- James M. Barrie



Oh, I'm enjoying these beach pictures! I feel like summer was really short up here in Connecticut this year. I wish it could go on just a bit longer. The days are getting shorter, chillier, and the leaves are starting to turn early. Painting this mom & baby at the beach fills me with such mental imagery - the time goes by so quickly, my brain is on the beach in the sunshine....I get interrupted and find I'm right here in my studio, with the wind picking up & the rain blowing outside. Just to be on a beach playing in the sunshine...being involved in a painting brings me back to all these places I love. I enjoy being surrounded by these paintings until they go to live with someone else. I hope they bring great pleasure to those new owners as much as they've brought to me in painting them.

The day of this picture were some of the warmest days I've ever spent in Ireland in June! So many people were out playing on Inch Beach, moms & babies, surfers, waders, swimmers, young & old out to frolic!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Roxanne, this is SO beautiful! I feel as if I am there and LOVE your use of color!

September 13, 2009 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Norma! I'm so glad you like this one! Wishing I could go to the beach some more this year - but now it's getting cold!

September 20, 2009 at 5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home