Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Baby Beach Bucket (Beaches of Ireland series)- sketch



8"x10" ink on sketch book

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
- Marcel Proust



Wow, does it ever feel good to be back home! (and off of the highways!). I did manage to do this sketch along the Jersey Turnpike...when it was NOT my turn to drive! But for the most part, it was a busy long weekend, getting my daughter moved in to her apartment. My back is reminding me how many floors up she lives! But all's well - and she even learned how to assemble furniture from IKEA (thank goodness for that place). I'm glad to be back in my studio that's for sure! Lots of new paintings in the works... and an interesting commission coming up, too! Got a painting mailed out today that sold while I was away. So all in all, a good way to start the week! Hopefully my vertebrae will get a bit less cozy with each other - and I'll get some long painting days in this week!

This sketch-book sketch is another one of the scenes from my trip to Ireland this summer. I can't recall when I've ever seen a woman wear a dress to the beach here in the states. But this young woman had on a pretty, colorful dress as she played with her toddler out on Inch Beach one brilliant sunny day this past June. I honestly think it was warmer over there in Ireland this year than any bit of summer here in CT this year. Brings a smile to my face just to think of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home