Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bee Charmer



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite archival artboard

"Go on you ol' Bee Charmer, tell me a good tall tale."
- Ruth to Idgie Threadgood, in the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes".


That's one of my favorite lines, actually just one of my favorite phrases - bee charmer - spoken in an Alabama accent, with a slow melodic sound. I miss that like crazy! All it takes is to just read the phrase & my mind is all wrapped around it. I had been wanting to paint some bees & flowers after my last trip over to Harkness park. I've enjoyed their happy buzzing in my own garden this year, too. The last few days, they are moving a bit slower, especially with the chilly mornings we've been having. Could I talk them into staying around longer if I tell them a 'good tall tale'?

email me regarding this painting: roxannesteed@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home