Monday, September 14, 2009

Rock & Roll Sheep - mini (Ireland series) - sold



3"x4" oil on Belgian linen mounted on archival panel (Raymar)

"Geographically, Ireland is a medium-sized rural island that is slowly but steadily being consumed by sheep."
- Dave Barry


The second little study of sheep for the larger painting. I find it interesting that even on a small (okay- tiny) canvas you can still work with a palette knife - and in sheep's wool, you have such a variety of warm to cool greys. I just love watching these animals. This flock was down by the rocks at Culoo on Valentia Island. Sometimes they seem to bounce along(when they're in a hurry), big puffs of fluff on spindly little legs, almost cartoon-like to me. They always, always make me smile when I see them, bouncing along over the rocks and grass. Could hardly decide whether to call this little mini, "Rock & Roll" or "Bounce & Fluff"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home