Sunday, November 15, 2009

"CANCER BEWARE!! Ye'll be ripped out by the roots"



6"x6" oil gessoed archival artboard

"Tell a man he is brave, and you help him to become so."
- Thomas Carlyle


And now for something completely different....no it's nothing like my landscapes...somewhat campy-cartooney. But it's my statement of the day. The proceeds of which will go to the Susan G. Komen foundation.

Tomorrow is the big day, (Monday morning, early). I'm lined up for a 'sentinel node biopsy' and a lumpectomy. I'm off to bed, it's been a busy weekend..and will be an early morning.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

3 Comments:

Blogger Jan Blencowe said...

Roxanne,

You'll be in my deepest prayers tomorrow! You are just a wonderful brave lady. Kudos to you for using your art to muster courage and a positive attitude!!

Healing & blessings
Jan

November 15, 2009 at 8:12 PM  
Blogger Sheila Vaughan said...

Thinking of you Roxanne - hope it went well today.

November 16, 2009 at 6:24 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Sheila & Jan! So far, so good! I will beat this thing! too many paintings yet to do!!

November 24, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home