Thursday, November 12, 2009

Heritage - sold



click on the image for a closeup of the knife work!

12" x 16" oil on linen mounted on archival board (Raymar)

"Be still and aware of God's presence within and all around."
- from 'Celtic Prayers from Iona', by J. Philip Newell


This is the commission I just finished the other day. It is to be a companion piece to "Down by the Sea", a painting this collector had previously purchased. This is a small castle in Scotland that is tied to some of her husband's ancestry. I thought this was a delightful way to celebrate that! She provided the reference picture- I found it interesting that the 'lay of the land' seemed so similar to some of the areas in Ireland that I've painted. I was not familiar with the flowers in this place, so I googled "Scottish wildflowers" and found that these are known as 'Rosebay Willowherb' which grows in any poor soil, creating large banks of pink coloured flowers. (sounded like one of those invasive plants that (at the very least) are good to look at when they're in bloom!

If you have a special place that you'd like to have celebrated in your home, contact me for more information about commissioning a painting -
roxannesteed@gmail.com

AND - by the way- I got some VERY GOOD NEWS today! I got the results back from the MRI guided biopsy I had done on Tuesday...NO CANCER ON THE LEFT SIDE...HOORAY! I feel like I'm halfway there! Thank you all for your amazing support, love, energy and kindness! I am truly lifted up & am determined to beat this!

***stay tuned, I have some new pieces in the works that veer from my more traditional landscapes...it's odd where your brain goes in 'crisis mode'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home