Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kerry Fields




24"x36" oil on stretched canvas

"May the road rise up
to meet you,
May the wind be always
at your back,
May the sun shine warm
upon your face,
And the rains fall soft
upon your fields....
And until we meet again,
May God hold you
in the hollow of His hand."
- an old Irish blessing


This is a painting I did earlier this year. It is so very peaceful and calming...a wonderful place to be, and to remember. My friend Barbara described this as a healing place...and she's so right. I have paintings from this summer's visit to Ireland framed and hanging in my hall-way leading from my room to the rest of the house. I pass by these so many times in a day. I remember her stories of various times in her life there....and they bring me peace, too. I'm so glad to have these visual reminders of this "strong connection to place".

Today's quote is one of my favorites, too - and was sent to me again just the other day....what a wonderful reminder- really a beautiful feeling to be held in God's hands! I've loved this quote for a long time & really have a richer sense of it now when I read it.

I'm sending out a thank-you for all the prayers and good wishes, and powerful healing energy that you all have sent my way! It is truly amazing...and I feel incredibly blessed and loved! So far things look good following surgery- I'll know more once the pathology comes back on the lymph nodes, until then...I'm healing as fast as I possibly can...and am very happy at the thought of painting again!

Kerry Fields

About This Painting:
This is a painting I did earlier this year. It is so very peaceful and calming...a wonderful place to be, and to remember.

Media: oil on stretched canvas
Size: 36 in X 24 in (91.4 cm X 61 cm)

How to Purchase:
send me an email

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home