Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"Are We There Yet?" (Lambs, Valentia Island, Ireland)




18"x14" oil on canvas

"A man must learn to endure patiently what he cannot avoid conveniently."
- Michel de Montaigne


Some points of motherhood are universal to many species. I'm so sure of it, I'd be willing to bet my "mom handbook" on this one. When you allow yourself to just sit & observe another group of animals- such as sheep in this case...I can hear so many little scenarios playing out, "Come on, keep up....and quit making that face at your brother. Don't dawdle around, there could be a wolf around that rock...or a tourist!" "Mom wait. There's a resting rock! Can we stop here?" "Hey she poked me" "Well he stepped on my side of the grass". "ARE WE THERE YET?" hehehe. I'm sure I saw that poor mom roll her eyes! Yeah, I know the look, doesn't matter what species!

Some good news on the radiation treatment front: Friday I am at the mid-way point of treatments. 'Only' 17 more weekdays after that. I'll be glad to be on the other side of this adventure!....heheh - "Are we there yet?"

Email me for purchase information - roxannesteed@gmail.com

2 Comments:

Blogger A New England Life said...

Roxanne, you have some beautiful art work! I truly love your style of painting. Somewhat muted yet gorgeous!

Sharon

January 29, 2010 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Sharon! I really enjoyed your photography blog- beautiful work!!

January 30, 2010 at 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home