Thursday, January 14, 2010

Crisp Morning Late Autumn New England Barns/Show News



"If you leave the smallest corner of your head vacant for a moment, other people's opinions will rush in from all quarters."
- George Bernard Shaw



Here again is "Crisp Morning, Late Autumn New England". Painted en plein air at Harkness Park before our snowy weather set in, it was chilly, but nice to be out painting. This piece will be in the members show at the Mystic Art Center. The opening reception is this evening, (Friday), 5:30 - 7:30pm. For more information about the show & directions, click here. I hope to see you there!

5 Comments:

Blogger susan hong-sammons said...

I love your palette knife landscapes. They are so fresh.

January 15, 2010 at 6:24 AM  
Blogger susan hong-sammons said...

I love your palette knife landscapes. They are so fresh!

January 15, 2010 at 6:25 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Susan! You made my morning! :-)

January 15, 2010 at 6:38 AM  
Blogger JennyLilac said...

Hi - I'm Ellen's daughter. My husband and I love Harkness - we got married there in June of 1999. I've seen some of your work at her house and I love your blog!

January 15, 2010 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Aww- wow! Thanks Jenny! Yes, Harkness is one of the most romantic, beautiful places I've ever seen! I just love it there - there's such a variety...gorgeous spaces & plantings (and I can hardly wait for spring to come so I can go paint what's blooming there again!!). Thanks for visiting my blog!!

January 15, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home