Friday, February 5, 2010

Wee Sprites, Sea Sprites (Inch Beach, Ireland)



10"x8" oil on gallery wrapped canvas

"Adventure can take many forms. Sometimes, following your heart is the greatest one of all."
- Dagny Scott


Holy Cow- middle of winter and I need a beach day really soon. This will have to do until I can leave town and really make that happen. If you've been following my blog for any length of time, you see that my paintings are a bit of escapism. Shouldn't something you look at on the wall be a bit of a mini-vacation? A way to hold off & keep the 'hope alive' until you can make that happen. Sunny warmth in the winter, dappled shade in summer, beauty when you really need it most. If you think I'm being dramatic, well, living with me in the cold, dark of a New England winter can be a bit trying at times. Yes, there is certainly an austere beauty about snow, but my temperament prefers sunshine, beaches, & flowers year round. I think it's how we grow up that determines what we love. I've come to realize that growing up in Central Florida really does leave you at risk for having a 'disneyfied' take on life. And you take this with you where ever you go. So even though the first few snow falls up here are quite magical....I've 'punched that ticket' and am ready to move on to spring!!! which is glorious all the way til summer shows up! That's even better!

Still trying to "live in the here and now" but the "now" has been somewhat "trying". Patience is a tough lesson. ;-)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Roxanne, came by you via DailyPainters...enjoyed this piece. Wishing you Continued Happy Painting!

February 6, 2010 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Julie! Glad you like this one & glad you found me on DailyPainters!

February 6, 2010 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Lovely painting Roxanne. Love the way you captured this scene and the antimated nature of the kids.

Jeffrey

February 7, 2010 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Jeffrey! Beach paintings in mid-winter...strictly for medicinal purposes! :-D

February 7, 2010 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Artist said...

love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 13, 2010 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks 'Artist', glad you like it!

February 13, 2010 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger Diane Hoeptner said...

Oh my yes, I'm all for a bit of escapism! Lovely!

February 22, 2010 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Diane! yes, I am dreaming of beach days & sunny gardens of summer!

February 22, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home