Sunday, April 1, 2007

building a dog (unfinished)


5"x7" oil on gessoboard

Here's little Mikka again, not quite finished. I went shopping today ... so I didn't get much done in the paint department. But I got the bulk of the dog & background blocked in. Tomorrow the paint will still be wet- I can add, delete, move, paint over.....I love oil paints! it's like sculpting or building.....So this cute little friend of mine will get some refinement (on the paint surface!) instead of a chunky paint-by-number sorta thing. Thought it would be fun to share my process - I like seeing that sort of thing with other artists. Once Mikka's declared finished tomorrow, I'm starting on some larger paintings from my recent trip to London & Rome!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home