Thursday, September 17, 2009

Down By The Sea, St. Finan's Bay, Ireland, Palette Knife Oil Paintings by Roxanne Steed (sold)



12"x16" oil on Belgian linen mounted on archival panel (Raymar)

"On some island I long to be,
a rocky promontory, looking on the coiling surface of the sea.

To see the waves, crest on crest of the great shining ocean, composing a hymn to the creator, without rest."
-St. Columcille (521-597)


This one is getting wrapped up to go to a new collector today. It's one of my favorite views in Kerry County....and usually has this wonderful 'mysterious' fog that settles over this area- it is so hauntingly beautiful to me.

Thursday, I did work on sketches for a commission...of a scene in Ireland, so the place has been on my mind lately!

****Another bit of good news I'd like to share; I have a painting in the "Twenty Years of Fine Art" 20th Anniversary Gala & Invitational at the Artists Gallery in Virginia Beach. It's a plein air painting done in Chincoteague, Virginia. Well, I just found out that a portion of the painting is used in the header on the gallery's website:
http://www.theartistsgallery.org/ (see the top left landscape image).

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheila Vaughan said...

A lovely painting Roxanne. It depicts the Irish landscape so well. Almost looks like a water colour. Congrats also on getting a painting into the Virginia Beach exhibition!

September 20, 2009 at 5:13 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Sheila. This place is almost always socked-in with fog...but then I guess that's part of it's romantic appeal (makes me think of an old novel perhaps?).

September 20, 2009 at 5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home