Tuesday, November 24, 2009

As Evening Progresses - sold




"We all have angels guiding us...They look after us. They heal us, touch us, comfort us with invisible warm hands...What will bring their help? Asking. Giving thanks."
- Sophy Burnham


Today I have two more paintings to share with you; the first is "As Evening Progresses" and the second is "Morning Glory Morning". They are both part of the show currently hanging at The Gallery at Hartford Fine Art & Frame (click here for directions and more information). It's the Connecticut Plein Air Painters Society- Small Works Show, opening November 27th, running through January 31st.

These two small paintings are part of the series I worked on this summer, Plein-air in the Artist's Garden. I'm already wondering what winter will look like in our garden, what shapes it will hold as the billowing flowers retreat with the oncoming cold. I'll be looking forward to spring and the second year of growth in what we've started...thinking about what we'll expand to the back-yard.

*****I hope you are all looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving. I know some friends have already begun listing things each day that they are thankful for, planning to go on listing something each day through Christmas, what they have to be thankful for.

*****I found out today...some preliminary news, looks like the lymph nodes are clean!! woohoo! what a relief. So that will affect the treatment plan for this bit of breast cancer that was discovered (doing a good job of trying to hide!). I'll find out more next Monday what's next in store, but for now... I have a lot to be thankful for! I hope you do, too!

2 Comments:

Blogger susan hong-sammons said...

So glad hear your health news is positive. I can hear the strength of your character in your blog. Thanks for sharing your art and news.

December 1, 2009 at 6:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the picket fence works Roxanne and such wonderful news about your lymph nodes! Sending healing thoughts your way...

December 1, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home