Sunday, March 28, 2010

Clearing Sky Over Old Head of Kinsale, Ireland



5"x7" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"Long ago, when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft. Today, it's called golf."
- Irish saying


Here's the second painting from my new little series of scenes from Old Head of Kinsale:
****I'm currently reading, "A Course Called Ireland" by Tom Coyne...which I'm enjoying immensely even though I'm not a golfer. But I AM a traveler who claims Ireland to be one of the most wonderful destinations I've had the good fortune to enjoy. Coynes descriptions had me hankering to get out the pile of reference shots/materials I had from last summer, that I had used in completing a commission painting for a collector who HAD actually golfed there many times. The wildness of the rocky coastlines and ever changeable weather that makes for some dramatic skies make for a dramatic painting....and lots of great memories!

I've begun a small series of these landscapes from this corner of Ireland. I have 3 that I've finished so far. Am currently interrupted by some unexpected travels...hope to be back by the end of this week.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

1 Comments:

Blogger Artist said...

great job on the sky!!

March 29, 2010 at 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home