Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy Returns



8"x6" oil on Belgian linen mounted on archival board (Raymar)

"Restlessness is discontent and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure."
- Thomas Alva Edison


I'm still down visiting my mom in Florida for a little while longer. (This newsletter comes to you via the free wifi at Panera!). Florida has been incredibly cold on this visit, so of course I'm still daydreaming about what's going to be coming up this summer in my garden again. We have a variety of day lilies called "Happy Returns" that bloom all summer. They're a lemony color of yellow and really contrast nicely with the unusual variety of coneflowers that I found at our local nursery. I don't remember the name of that variety of coneflower, but they are a bit different from the regular 'purple' ones, having a bit of a 'warm pinky lavender' purple color to them.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $125 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

a very nice painting! I really like the color & texture in this piece!

Best wishes!

Dana Chabino

March 9, 2010 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Dana!

March 11, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home